Autumn

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving is Snow Wonderful

What a wonderful Thanksgiving week we have had. I was able to take the whole week off work and spend some extra time with my kid’s, sister, run errands, focus on Christmas and catch up on some projects. Yes I even was able to play cars with Koda, read watch 2 whole movies, do glitter toes with Kina and Raylynn I even scrapbooked a bit. I feel revived!
On Tuesday Jim and I took advantage of my time and work and I met him for lunch and some early Christmas shopping. As I get older I really dislike crowds and the thought of shopping with hundreds of people does not strike me as fun. In fact I believe that I am the poster child for "online shopping", my dear friend Heidi Cox would just tell that it is my introverted personality trait that is causing me this issue, but it resulted in some great one on one time with my hubby.

After I left Jim, I received a call from Natalie telling me that Mom was off again to the hospital emergency room. Her doctors had called Dad concerned that her potassium levels were very high and wanted to run some test on her. I am afraid that it is becoming almost a weekly occurrence for her to have to go to the emergency room. This was one of her very short stays and Dad was able to get her home before it started to snow. We were to experience the BLIZZARD of 2010 on Tuesday night, by 6:00 pm it was just starting to snow, a bit of wind 2 to 3 inches of snow later a trip to Costco and to pick up Raylynn for a sleepover with her cousins it was declared the BLAH of 2010. It still made for some good family. Jim cut up the turkey for smoking, the kids, Raylynn and I decorated the Christmas tree and we watched the Forgotten Carols one of our favorite family Christmas traditions.
On Wednesday Aunt Natalie, Nakina, Raylynn and I had a girl’s time out; to go shopping for Nakina's baptism dress. It was Nakina's day so we had Carl’s Jr. for lunch aka "the star place" her choice and went shopping. Three stores and over 20 dresses later, Nakina found "the one"! She will be beautiful in her white dress purchased by her Aunt Natalie for her birthday on her special baptism day.
Thanksgiving was a good day, the kids, Raylynn and I had breakfast while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Nakina and I made pies in the morning then it was glitter toes before Raylynn had to leave to spend the rest of the day with her family. With Raylynn being a teenager now we love our special time with her and the help and love she brings to our family. Jim spent all day smoking some turkey for our dinner and boy did it smell good. He would go out to check the meat every 40 minute or so throughout the day making us very excited about to Thanksgiving dinner. We left for my parents around 4:30 and had a wonderful family Thanksgiving Day with Mom and Dad, Natalie and David. Mom was not feeling well, but as always was a trooper and made the best of the time with her family. Dad cooked up an amazing Thanksgiving dinner meatloaf, prime rib, Jim's amazing smoked turkey, potato's, rolls which Nakina is still talking about, stuffing, and peas. Dad gave us a great Thanksgiving speech about the ten leapers and how out of the ten who Jesus healed only one came back to offer thanks for the blessing of being healed by his savior. It was wonderful to reflect on all of my blessings this week. I found myself thinking of my Mom and the fact that she is still with us. As I see the trial that my parents face every day and have to stop myself from asking why, but rather focus on the joy of every phone call I receive from her, the smile in her voice and hearing her tell me that she loves me. I am thankful for my Father and the lessons he teaches me daily on stepping up to meet our responsibilities, finding joy in the little things and doing what is asked of us by our lives experiences each and every day. I am thankful for my siblings for their love and support to me, I love them with all of my heart and soul and know that we were together before this earth and I am so thankful that we will be together in the eternities. I thank my Heavenly Father for sending me the the most amazing man to hold me up and keep me together. Jim is my joy, strength and honest common sense. Nakina and Dakota are my life and there is nothing more important to me than just being needed by them, a hug and snuggling together is pure joy!

To end our wonderful week of thanksgiving was a Sunday snowstorm and some family time in the snow. Jim used the snow blower and did the walks around the neighborhood while the kids, dog and I played in the snow. Maebth (the dog) loved to jump up and catch snowballs and run at the kids as they made snow angels in the backyard. As hard as it will be to return to work tomorrow I have a week full of memories to keep me company.






No comments:

The Family

As many of you know we are a family of four unless you are counting the animals then we are 7. Unless that stray cat in the garage counts as ours then, make us 8. Just a little something about us, Jacque and I met in 1989 in high school we started dating in that same year. We dated until I joined the Army and left in June of 1991. The years went by and we dated some during those years we had some rocky times but always knew that we were meant to be together. We were married in March of 1993 and have been together ever since. 2003 brought a new stage in our lives with the arrival of our daughter Nakina Suezann she has been a joy in our lives and always keeps us busy. 2007 brought our son Dakota James he is such a happy boy and a great addition to our family. The years have been good to us and we have always been blessed with many friends and family to share our lives with. Our jobs have brought much success as well. Jacque is now the Utah Sales Manager at T-Mobile and I am the lead in our shop at Hill Air Force Base we have been very fortunate.